Welcome to my little corner of cyberspace. I am so thankful for the time you’ve taken to come visit me.
A little about me?
I wear a lot of ‘hats’. I have a pile of hats that I wear, depending on the situation.
Most commonly I’m “Mom”, I have six children ages 11-26 and I have a ‘daughter but not daughter’ who lives here with my son Devin and their children.
I am also married to Mark, but am far from a cookie cutter wife.
I wear a sister hat on occasion, one brother is a Chiropractor in Kansas and one brother has recently moved to California.
During different times in my life I’ve needed to wear an “Atilla the Mom” helmet, to help navigate the special education system that my middle son used to need. He is a college student who just happens to struggle with Asperger’s Syndrome.
Me, in a nutshell
1) I am not always a ray of sunshine, but I am always honest.
2) I tend to get overwhelmed and feel like I’ve lost my way in navigating this family, I hope I’m not alone in this. I’m not going to paint a picture of a perfect life, but it’s MY life, and I’m kind of fond of it.
3) I can, at times, be very cynical and sarcastic in my humor. If you ever don’t understand, ASK me.
4) I do not believe I am defined by what I do.
5) I really think that all of us are just doing life the best way we know how to.
6) I am utterly intolerant of intolerance.
Enjoy the ride!